Sunday, December 29, 2013

First Christmas

It is the most wonderful time of the year.  We spent our first Christmas together in New Hampshire.  It was a nice break from flight school and the warm weather of Alabama (Christmas just isn't Christmas without cold and snow).

We mad a lot of fun memories but some of my favorite included: playing games near the fire, our Christmas nativity, making gingerbread houses and sledding.

Our little Christmas tree.  I pulled out the stool, placed it with all my little potted plants, and topped it off with a cotton branch I stole (shhh) from the field across the street.  A little bit of sparkly garland, lights, and wa la!  You've got a Christmas tree.

A very special nativity.  Kempy gave me a box of odd fabrics and said, "make costumes for a nativity."
Here we are.  Wise man (Aaron), angel (me), shepard (Sadie) with stuffed sheep, Joseph (Joseph),
and Mary (Avy) on her donkey.

We had a full house Christmas morning: two kids, four adults, and four missionaries.
We didn't have enough stockings to go around so we improvised with boots.
Aaron's army boot, my city boot, Kemper's slip-on boot, Joseph's cowboy boot
It wasn't all fun and games.  If we want to stay, we've got to help out.
Aaron was recruited to help tile the new shower.  He did an excellent job too!



No comments:

Post a Comment